Your response to arrogance is an indicator of YOUR confidence
What’s the difference between arrogance and confidence?
I’d offer that arrogance is an outward display of an inward need to be validated. Whereas confidence is an inward surety outwardly sharing respectfully.
There’s an energy from arrogance that’s intense, pushy and unaccepting of resistance. Whereas the energy from confidence is subtle yet strong, inviting and informative.
Arrogance has an egotistical agenda. Confidence has a motivational agenda.
Before we beat arrogance up, let’s take a closer look behind the scenes.
Arrogance and Confidence are both a belief in the self. The difference is confidence has a belief in their higher Self. Arrogance has a belief in their personal self and struggles to convince others of it because deep down they don’t believe in themself.
Beneath the Veil of arrogance, I believe, lies someone who:
- Aches to be heard, acknowledged and respected. On the surface, that may sound egotistical but it’s really the soul’s true desire. Arrogance simply wrestles with what the soul is.
- May talk incessantly — in hopes to convince the listener of their mighty brilliance (that they themselves don’t really believe in)
- Emits intense energy from a place of need and pain (although they’re convinced they sound powerful and positive)
Beneath the veil of confidence lies someone who:
- Respects the opportunity to be heard. They realize who they are on a deep soul level and know they have a desire to be heard because they realize they have a responsibility to fulfill a higher calling. Life’s not about them, it’s about what they know they’re here to share.
- May “talk a lot” — which is quite different than incessant. They have much to share but do so in a presentable and digestible way.
- Their strong energy comes from a desire to inspire and motivate others through their service, product or knowledge.